You can have Homemade Fudge using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Fudge
- It’s of granulated sugar.
- It’s of Hershey's Cocoa.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of whole milk.
- You need of butter.
- It’s of vanilla.
Homemade Fudge instructions
- In large pan (at least 4 qt) combine sugar, cocoa, salt, and milk..
- Place on medium heat and stir constantly. When this mixture starts to boil quit stirring and set timer for 10 minutes..
- After 10 minutes check temperature or do soft ball test. Soft ball test is just dropping some of the mixture in a cup of cold water. Temperature should be 234 degrees or a soft ball from your test. If done, remove from heat. Otherwise, continue cooking while testing every 2 minutes. You do not want to overcook as candy will be too hard..
- When you remove from heat add butter and vanilla. Set timer for 8 minutes..
- Place aluminum foil over 9 inch pan extending over all sides. Melt some butter and brush all over the foil..
- After 8 minutes add any nuts or marshmallows to the mixture. Stir for 2-3 minutes. Fudge will still be shiny but beginning to feel firmer. Pour into buttered pan and allow to cool..
- After fudge cools cut into pieces. Should make 32 or so pieces. Approximately 1 1/2 lbs..