Lemon Meringue Pie.
You can cook Lemon Meringue Pie using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemon Meringue Pie
- It’s of white sugar.
- It’s of all-purpose flour.
- You need of cornstarch.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of water.
- You need of lemons, juiced and zested.
- Prepare of butter.
- It’s of egg yolks, beaten.
- It’s of (9-in) pie crust, baked.
- You need of egg whites.
- You need of white sugar.
Lemon Meringue Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make lemon filling: in a medium saucepan, whisk together 1 cup sugar, flour, cornstarch, and salt. Stir in water, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil..
- Stir in butter. Place egg yolks in a small bowl and gradually whisk in 1/2 of the hot sugar mixture. Whisk egg yolk mixture back into remaining sugar mixture. Bring to a boil and continue to cook while stirring constantly until thick. Remove from heat, pour mixture into baked pie shell..
- Make Meringue: in a large glass or metal bowl, whip egg whites until foamy. Add 6 TBS sugar gradually, and continue to whip until stiff peaks form. Spread meringue over pie, sealing the edges at the crust..
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until meringue is golden brown. Allow to cool. Store covered in refrigerator..