Vietnamese savory steamed egg & pork pie.
You can cook Vietnamese savory steamed egg & pork pie using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vietnamese savory steamed egg & pork pie
- It’s of Minced pork.
- It’s of eggs.
- You need of diced onion.
- Prepare of diced carrot.
- Prepare of vemicelli, soaked and diced.
- Prepare of dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked.
- Prepare of large wood-ear mushroom, soaked and diced.
- Prepare of fish sauce.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- It’s of Cilantro or parsley for garnishing.
Vietnamese savory steamed egg & pork pie instructions
- Slide the shiitake mushroom, keep a few beautiful slides for garnish and dice the rest.
- Separate 2 egg yolks and set aside. Beat the rest of the egg whites and 3 whole eggs together.
- Mix minced pork, diced onion, carrot, wood-ear, shiitake mushroom, vermicelli, fish sauce, salt pepper, and beaten eggs all together to form a mixture with thick consistency..
- Transfer the mixture to a microwave-safe bowl, covered with cling wrap. Cook for 3 minutes at 800w. Let steamed for 2 minutes, then add another 3 minutes at 800w.
- Now use a toothpick to check if the middle is cooked. The cooking speed depends on your microwave or the depth of your bowl. In my case, the middle is still a little wet, which is perfect at this point..
- Beat the 2 egg yolks with a little more fish sauce and pepper, then use a spoon to spread the mixture all over the surface of the steamed meat mixture. Place the sliced shiitake mushrooms on top as well..
- Microwave for another minute or two to make sure the mixture is thoroughly cooked. Uncover the cling wrap and garnish with cilantro or parsley before serving. This recipe is good with rice, bread, or for a bento..