Coconut Cream Pie.
You can have Coconut Cream Pie using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut Cream Pie
- It’s of Baked pie crust.
- You need of sugar.
- It’s of cornstarch.
- It’s of whole milk.
- You need of egg yolks.
- It’s of butter.
- Prepare of sweetened flake coconut.
- It’s of vanilla.
- You need of Heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare of sugar.
Coconut Cream Pie step by step
- Bake your favorite pie crust according to directions. Set aside and cool..
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in sauce pan. Whisk egg yolks and whole milk in bowl. Whisk into sugar and cornstarch mixture in saucepan over medium heat. Continue whisking until creamy..
- Remove custard from heat. Add butter, coconut, and vanilla. Stir until all is incorporated. Place plastic wrap directly over custard in pan to prevent air. Set aside to cool for 30 minutes..
- Spoon custard into baked pie crust. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes..
- Whip heavy cream to stiff peaks. Add sugar towards end of whipping. Pipe or spoon cream over the top of the custard. Garnish with toasted coconut. Enjoy..