You can have Shahi Paneer using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shahi Paneer
- You need of paneer cubed.
- It’s of curd.
- It’s of fresh cream.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of oil.
- It’s of turmeric powder.
- Prepare of chilli powder.
- Prepare of coriander powder.
- It’s of kasuri methi crushed.
- It’s of garam masala powder.
- It’s of cashew nuts.
- Prepare of green cardamoms.
- Prepare of cloves.
- It’s of cinnamon stick.
- It’s of black peppers.
- It’s of bay leaf.
- Prepare of onion chopped.
- You need of tomato chopped.
Shahi Paneer step by step
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a nonstick pan. Add paneer cubes and fry lightly. Remove and keep aside. This step is purely optional..
- In the same pan add remaining oil to heat. Add bay leaf, cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves, black peppers, cashews and fry till aromatic. Add onion and fry till translucent. Add ginger garlic paste, tomato and salt. Cook the entire mixture till mushy..
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and blend this with little water to a smooth paste..
- Transfer the paste into the same pan. Beat the curd well in a bowl and then add it to the pan. Mix well. Next add turmeric powder, Chilli powder, coriander powder and mix well..
- Now add cream and mix well. Pour 1/2 cup water, season with salt and cook on low heat for a while till the gravy bubbles..
- Add paneer cubes and cook for 2-3 minutes on low heat..
- Finally add kasuri methi, then garam masala powder and turn off the flame..
- Thus ready is the Shahi Paneer for being served with roti/ naan..