Moms escarole soup. I shared this on Instagram a while back and had so many requests to film the recipe! This is one of my very favorite soups and I've been making it. The Best Escarole and Spinach Soup: This is the most delicious and satisfying way to start counteracting the indulgences of the holiday season.
This is a super easy soup to make and it's perfect… This recipe for chicken escarole soup comes courtesy of Joan Nathan. All Reviews for My Mother's Chicken Escarole Soup. See more ideas about Escarole, Escarole soup, Cooking recipes. You can cook Moms escarole soup using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Moms escarole soup
- Prepare of Tiny meatballs.
- It’s 3-4 lbs of ground beef.
- It’s of Italian bread crumbs.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s of Parsley.
- It’s of Garlic powder.
- Prepare of Soup.
- You need 6 heads of escarole.
- You need 4 boxes of Lipton chicken noodle soup boxes (with white meat- blue box) total 8 packets.
- Prepare 3 cups of water per packet (24 cups of wafer).
- It’s 3 of cut up chicken breasts (already cooked) approx 1 1/2 lbs. You can throw these in frozen too.
- It’s of This typically has cut up turkey neck meat that is cooked during thanksgiving time too.
- Prepare 2 of xtra large cans of Cento low sodium chicken broth.
- It’s 8 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of Homemade soft croutons.
- It’s of Veg oil for frying.
- Prepare 2 of doz eggs.
- It’s 2-3 of loafs of potato bread.
- It’s of Parmesan cheese.
Escarole and Bean Soup with Meatballs Recipe. A full-flavored simple soup to warm your belly. Escarole & White Bean Soup from Delish.com is healthy dinner that doesn't taste like it. This is the perfect go-to soup.
Moms escarole soup instructions
- Roll meatballs into tiny 1 inch meatballs and freeze in 2 quart containers.
- Soak escarole in water and rinse off as you rip each leaf off to get the sand off. Break 4 leads at a time into bite size pieces..
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and boil escarole til soft (about 15 min) Do NOT use this water for the soup. Drain and refrigerate (if doing soup later on).
- Bring 24 cups of water to a boil and Lipton soup mixes to a boil..
- Throw meatballs in (still frozen) and cooked chicken and bring to a boil (to cook raw meatballs).
- Pour in the chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Whisk eggs and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl. And stir soup around as you drop egg mixture in to cook..
- Simmer soup for 20 min then keep covered til you serve it..
- Fry bread up in oil after dipping into egg mixture and a little water. As SOON as they come off the oil put them on a wide pan and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and cut into bite size pieces. Put pieces into a large bowl to cover later on. (Best to have 2 people for this part cause it goes fast).
- Soup AND croutons freeze well!.
In fact, you probably have most of the ingredients in your kitchen already! This soup features sausage and escarole in a rich tomato-flavored broth. Delicious soup featuring escarole (endive) and chicken broth. We used to purchase Progresso escarole soup in the market frequently. It was discontinued a few years.