Southwest stuffed peppers.
You can cook Southwest stuffed peppers using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Southwest stuffed peppers
- Prepare of bell peppers.
- It’s of red onion diced.
- You need of jalapeño (seeded for less heat) diced.
- You need of chorizo.
- You need of cilantro.
- It’s of chili powder.
- It’s of tblsp cumin.
- You need of tblsp paprika.
- You need of I bunch green onion (optional).
- You need of diced tomatoes.
- You need of cheese for each pepper.
- It’s of limes cut into wedges (optional).
- You need of cooked rice.
Southwest stuffed peppers instructions
- Cut bell peppers in half and remove seeds and rids..
- Set pan on med-high heat add oil to pan once hot add and brown meat. Once meat is browned add in red onion, tomatoes, spices and jalapeño. Stir and sauté about 3 to 5 mins and remove from heat. Stir in cooked rice..
- In a baking pan add oil and rub peppers in oil and season with salt pepper. Add in meat mixture and bake for 30 min in a 350 degree oven..
- When there is about 5 minutes left of 30 min cook time remove peppers from oven and cover with cheese and return to oven..
- Once cheese is melted remove from oven and garnish with chopped cilantro, green onions, limes, sour cream or whatever else you would like..