Meatballs stuffed with Mozzarella. Easy Slow Cooker Mozzarella-Stuffed Meatballs And Sauce. Combine all meatball ingredients except the mozzarella in a large bowl. Using your hands, mix until fully combined.
I Will Show How To Make Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs Without A Slow Cooker!!! This recipe for mozzarella-stuffed meatballs is easy to make and fun to eat. They are low-carb because no bread or breadcrumbs are used in the meat mixture, and lower in fat becase they are baked instead of fried. You can cook Meatballs stuffed with Mozzarella using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Meatballs stuffed with Mozzarella
- Prepare 2 slices of white sandwich bread (stale or slightly toasted).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of cold milk.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef 80/20 mix.
- Prepare 1/4 lb of ground pork.
- It’s 1/2 cup of plus 2 tbls grated Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped leaf parsley.
- It’s 2 tbls of fresh oregano.
- It’s 1 tbls of fresh basil.
- It’s 2 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 of medium onion grated (about 1/4 cup).
- You need 2 of minced garlic cloves.
- It’s 1/2 of large egg beaten.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- It’s 1/3 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare of Mozzarella cheese (cut into 1/2 inch circles or squares).
Made with a fresh mozzarella cheese filling, the meat mixture is flavored with Italian. By The Good Housekeeping Test Kitchen. These turkey meatballs are loaded with gooey mozzarella and come together super quickly. Try creating our delicious yet simple recipe for Meatballs stuffed with mozzarella in sauce.
Meatballs stuffed with Mozzarella step by step
- Grate the white bread or pulse into crumbs in a food processor, then In a small bowl toss the food processed bread crumbs with milk to re-hydrate..
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, milk bread, beef, pork, Parmesan, herbs, salt, onion, garlic, and egg and mix until combined. Season the meat mixture with pepper..
- Cut out small circles of mozzarella to stuff meatballs..
- Using your hands, gently form the meat mixture into 18 slightly larger than golf ball-sized balls around the mozzarella. (Packing the meat mixture too tightly together will result in tough meatballs). Make sure no seams or holes are in the meatballs or the cheese will leak out. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours..
- Heat half the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until well browned on all sides, about 6 minutes. Transfer the meatballs to a plate. Drain the oil and wipe out the skillet, return to the heat, and repeat with the remaining oil and meatballs..
- Use a stock pot or large sauce pan and put all the meatballs in the pot and pour in marinara sauce. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer, covered, swirling the pan occasionally, until the meatballs are cooked through about 15 to 30 minutes. The cheese in the meatballs will start to melt when the meatballs are ready..
- Note* remember if you cook the meatballs too long the cheese could break out of the meatballs..
Press mini mozzarella into the center of each meatball and seal it inside. Give meatballs a makeover by using chicken mince and stuffing with oozy mozzarella. Slice the remaining mozzarella and arrange over the sauce, then grate over some more Parmesan. These Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs are filled with gooey cheese for the ultimate sandwich ingredient or pasta topping. They're super flavorful and easy to make!