Aubergine balls aka Melitzanokeftedes in the oven.
You can cook Aubergine balls aka Melitzanokeftedes in the oven using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Aubergine balls aka Melitzanokeftedes in the oven
- You need 1 kg of aubergine.
- You need 1 of onion medium size.
- It’s 50 gr of hard cheese like parmesan.
- You need 30 ml of olive oil.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- You need 150 gr of rye rusk or bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
Aubergine balls aka Melitzanokeftedes in the oven instructions
- Bake the aubergines in the oven as they are in order to become softer. After 40 min take out their skin and put them in a bowl with all the ingredients except rye rusk.
- Make sure you add the rye rusk slowly till it's bit firm the mix. Let it cool and make small round mix with your hands. Take a spoon and squeeze them in order to become a bit flat..
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees and cook them till will get some color. Either add tzatziki sauce or plain yogurt sauce with mint in your dish. Enjoy!.