Sausage stuffed shells.
You can cook Sausage stuffed shells using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sausage stuffed shells
- It’s 12 ounces of jumbo shells pasta.
- It’s 1 pound of sweet Italian sausage.
- It’s 1 pound of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- You need 1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of dried parsley.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dried basil.
- Prepare 24.3 ounces of HemisFares Sausage and Fennel Ragu with Barolo Wine.
- It’s 8 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese.
Sausage stuffed shells step by step
- Boil 8 cups of water in a large pan over medium -high heat..
- Ntly pour the stuffed shells into the boiling water and boil for 9 minutes, then drain and set aside. (You'll need about 22-24 shells, but I boil the whole 12 ounces so I have extra in case some shells break.).
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, pork, egg, cheese, bread crumbs, garlic, parsley and basil. Mix well..
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread about 3/4 cup sauce into the bottom of a 9×13 baking pan..
- Using an ice cream scoop (or your hands), scoop the meat mixture and gently stuff it into the shells. Place the shells meat side up into the prepared pan, side by side to fill the pan..
- Once the shells are all stuffed, pour the rest of the sauce overtop the shells and spread it around to cover all the shells..
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over top..
- Cut a piece of aluminum foil a little larger than your pan. Spray one side with cooking spray. Cover the baking pan (sprayed side down) and press to seal..
- Bake covered for 40 minutes, then uncover and broil on low for 3-5 minutes to brown the cheese (watch this closely!)..