Chicken Braised in Coconut and Tomato.
You can have Chicken Braised in Coconut and Tomato using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Braised in Coconut and Tomato
- Prepare of chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on.
- You need of ground cumin.
- Prepare of ground coriander.
- You need of ground cinnamon.
- You need of hot paprika.
- You need of tomato paste.
- You need of garlic, thinly sliced.
- Prepare of medium onion, sliced.
- You need of chicken stock.
- It’s of can coconut milk.
- It’s of honey.
- It’s of thumb-sized nub ginger, peeled and very thinly sliced.
- You need of cilantro, chopped.
Chicken Braised in Coconut and Tomato instructions
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Put a large pan on medium-high heat and add the chicken, skin-side down. Fry for about 5 minutes until browned, then flip over and fry 5 minutes on the other side. Remove the chicken to a plate and drain the excess oil from the pan..
- Add the spices to the pan and let them toast for 1 minute. Stir in a small splash of veg oil and continue frying 1 minute. Add the tomato paste, garlic and onion and continue cooking 3 to 4 minutes. Add the chicken stock, coconut milk, honey, a good dash of salt and several grinds of black pepper and reduce the heat to low..
- Lay the chicken pieces back in the pan. Cover (make sure the lid is slightly ajar) and let simmer for 40 minutes. Flip the chicken every few minutes..
- Remove the cover and sprinkle the ginger slices into the pan. Continue simmering for 5 minutes. Sprinkle in the chopped cilantro, then serve the chicken and sauce atop freshly steamed rice..