You can cook Ginger chicken using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ginger chicken
- It’s of chicken drumsticks, bone-in and skin-on.
- Prepare of thumb-sized pieces ginger, peeled, thinly sliced and crushed.
- It’s of garlic, crushed and thickly sliced.
- You need of chicken stock.
- It’s of oyster sauce.
- Prepare of hoisin sauce.
- It’s of rice wine vinegar.
- Prepare of honey.
- Prepare of soy sauce.
- You need of carrot, peeled and thinly sliced.
- Prepare of celery stick, sliced about 1/4 in thick.
- You need of green onion, chopped.
Ginger chicken step by step
- Season the chicken liberally with salt and pepper. Add a splash of veg oil to a medium pan on high heat and sear the chicken until evenly browned, about 5 minutes..
- Add the ginger and onions to the pan and toss with the chicken. Fry 2 to 3 minutes until fragrant. Add the garlic and fry 1 minute more..
- Add to the pan the chicken stock, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, vinegar, honey and soy sauce. Turn the heat down to low and cover. Simmer 15 minutes, turning the chicken over every few minutes..
- Add the carrots, celery and half the green onions and continue simmering uncovered for 5 minutes, or until the sauce darkens and reduces to a syrupy consistency. If you take it to far, just stir in a tablespoon of water. Serve with a sprinkle of the remaining green onions..