You can cook Butter chicken using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butter chicken
- You need of butter.
- It’s of olive oil.
- Prepare of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of large onion, diced.
- It’s of Garam masala.
- It’s of med boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into small pieces.
- You need of can diced tomatoes.
- You need of lemon juice.
- It’s of ginger, grated.
- You need of plain yogurt.
- It’s of butter, melted.
- Prepare of chili powder.
- You need of garam masala.
- It’s of ground coriander.
- It’s of ground cardamom.
- It’s of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare of cumin.
- You need of cayenne powder.
- Prepare of half and half cream.
- It’s of honey.
Butter chicken step by step
- Heat 1 tbsp each butter and olive oil in a large pan over med high heat. Add onion and garlic. Sauté until soft..
- Add chicken and garam masala and cook through. Place chicken on a plate. In the same pan, make the sauce..
- Add canned tomatoes and all ingredients up to cayenne pepper (ingredient #7-18) to the pan..
- Turn off the heat to prevent splattering while pureeing. With an immersion hand blender, purée the tomatoes and blend the sauce..
- Turn heat back on to med low and continue cooking and stirring the sauce until it’s reduced by 1/4. It takes 20-30 mins on low med heat. You can turn up the heat to speed it up but the sauce will splatter..
- Once sauce is thickened, add the chicken and juices back to the pan. Cook for an additional 5 min..
- Add cream and honey. Stir to combine well. Enjoy!.