Honey Soy Chicken and Rice Bake.
You can cook Honey Soy Chicken and Rice Bake using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Honey Soy Chicken and Rice Bake
- It’s of Bone-in Chicken Thighs (I used boneless).
- It’s of Honey.
- Prepare of Soy Sauce (Can substitute with reduced sodium soy sauce.
- Prepare of Rice wine vinegar.
- You need of Toasted Sesame Oil (Optional).
- It’s of Vegetable Oil.
- Prepare of Green Onions, sliced (about 4-5 green onions.
- Prepare of Minced Ginger (about 4-5 cloves).
- Prepare of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare of Rice (uncooked).
- Prepare of Chicken Stock (Can substitute water).
- Prepare of Kosher Salt.
- It’s of Ground Black Pepper.
Honey Soy Chicken and Rice Bake step by step
- In a large bowl or resealable zip-top bag, add the chicken, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, and sesame oil. Squeeze out the excess air from the bag and tightly seal it; gently massage the bag to coat the chicken in the marinade. Place the bag in the refrigerator and allow to marinate for 2 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and discard any remaining marinade. Add the vegetable oil to a large oven-safe pot over medium heat. Carefully add the chicken thighs, skin side down. Cook until the thighs are nicely caramelized, about 5 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken, transfer it to a plate, and set aside..
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C..
- To the pot, add the green onions, ginger, and garlic. Cook until fragrant, about 1-3 minutes. Add the rice and stir to combine. Add the chicken broth, season it with salt and pepper, and bring to a boil. Stir well and return the chicken thighs to the pot, skin side up..
- Cover the pot with a lid, place it in the oven, and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the rice and chicken are both fully cooked. Fluff rice and serve warm. Garnish with green onions, if desired..
- Tip: While searing the chicken, check often to ensure that they are not burning. The honey in the marinade will cause the chicken to brown quickly..