Shredded Chicken Teriyaki – Slow Cooker.
You can cook Shredded Chicken Teriyaki – Slow Cooker using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shredded Chicken Teriyaki – Slow Cooker
- Prepare of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s of soy sauce (reduced sodium recommended).
- It’s of honey.
- Prepare of brown sugar.
- It’s of rice wine vinegar (apple cider vinegar works also).
- You need of sesame oil.
- You need of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of ground ginger.
- It’s of ground black pepper.
- You need of cold water.
- You need of cornstarch.
- Prepare of Optional Garnishes :.
- It’s of ·Sesame Seeds.
- It’s of ·Scallions.
Shredded Chicken Teriyaki – Slow Cooker step by step
- Lightly grease your slow cooker. Trim the fat off the chicken breasts and place in the slow cooker..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and pepper..
- Pour sauce over the chicken and place the lid on. Cook on low for 6-8 hours OR on high for 3-4 hours (times may vary depending on how hot your slow cooker gets)..
- Once chicken is tender and falling apart, take it out of the slow cooker and shred it with two forks. Set aside. This is also a good time to cook rice or veggies (whatever you'd like to serve on the side.).
- Move the sauce carefully from the slow cooker into a medium saucepan. In a small bowl or in the measuring cup, whisk together the cornstarch and cold water until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Then whisk that slurry into the sauce. Bring to a boil over med-high heat and simmer until thickened (should be a syrupy consistency). This will only take a few minutes..
- Pour sauce over the shredded chicken and toss to combine. Top individual servings with green onions and sesame seeds, if you'd like..