You can cook Bourbon Chicken using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bourbon Chicken
- It’s of Bourbon Whiskey.
- You need of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare of Brown Sugar.
- It’s of Honey.
- You need of Freshly Grated Ginger.
- It’s of Red Pepper Flakes.
- You need of Black Pepper.
- You need of Chicken (Cutlet) Breast – Thinned & Cubed.
- Prepare of Baby Bella Mushrooms – Sliced.
- You need of Green Zucchini – Sliced in Quaters.
- You need of Corn Starch (to make a slurry).
- Prepare of Garnish.
- You need of Chives.
- It’s of Toasted Sesame Seeds.
Bourbon Chicken instructions
- Put all the ingredients listed above except for the chicken, vegetables and corn starch into a small/medium sauce pan. Stir and bring to a simmer and until all the sugar is dissolved. Be careful as the alcohol in the bourbon may catch fire. Let the alcohol burn off or you will get tipsy from this dish. Do not lower the fire on the stove. If it does not catch fire this means your sauce pan is too deep, and I would suggest taking a long match or lighter and lighting it so it burns out..
- Now add the vegetables and stir into sauce on a lower flame, followed by adding the chicken..
- Cook on a medium/high flame for about 5-7 minutes and mix periodically..
- To finish, make a slurry of corn starch and thicken the sauce while it is on high and boiling. To thicken the sauce to desired thickness. Best not to make it too thick as it will gel more once it starts to cool..
- Garnish with chives and toasted sesame seeds and put over fresh cooked rice and enjoy!!.