Chinese Roast Chicken (Chicken Char Siew).
You can cook Chinese Roast Chicken (Chicken Char Siew) using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chinese Roast Chicken (Chicken Char Siew)
- Prepare of Chicken (debone, with skin).
- Prepare of Chicken Wings.
- Prepare of Marinade (mix well);.
- You need of White Pepper.
- You need of Five Spice Powder.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Ginger (minced).
- Prepare of Garlic (minced).
- It’s of Shallots (minced).
- It’s of Hoisin Sauce.
- It’s of Taucu Paste (Yellow Bean Paste).
- It’s of Oyster Sauce.
- You need of Dark Soy Sauce.
- Prepare of Light Soy Sauce.
- You need of Sesame Oil.
- It’s of Sugar.
- You need of Glaze;.
- Prepare of Honey.
- It’s of Sugar.
- Prepare of Water.
Chinese Roast Chicken (Chicken Char Siew) step by step
- MARINADE; marinate the chicken 3 hours to overnight. The next day, remember to bring out the chicken from the refrigerator and let warm up to room temperature..
- ROAST; Pre heat the oven the 230 Celcius (450 Fahrenheit). Lay the chicken on a baking tray. Turn down the heat to 180 C (360 F) and roast the chicken for 12-15 minutes (for an entire deboned chicken, roast for 20 minutes). After 12-15 minutes, turn off the heat and let it rest for 5 minutes (the internal temperature of the meat should be 175 C). BASTE; optionally, you can baste the chicken with the marinade on the 10th minute..
- GLAZE; While the chicken is roasting, heat the Glaze mixture in a Saucepan until the liquid has thicken..
- GLAZING; After the chicken is cooked (12-15 minutes) and during the rest period, brush the chicken with our Glaze mixture and continue to let it rest in the oven for another 5 minutes..
- SERVE; Cut the chicken into serving pieces and then serve..