Sticky braised wings.
You can cook Sticky braised wings using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sticky braised wings
- Prepare 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of rice wine vinegar.
- You need 1/4 cup of honey.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tamarind puree.
- It’s 18 cloves of garlic, peeled, crushed and roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 of thumb-sized nub ginger, peeled and sliced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of whole black peppercorns.
- You need 1 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 4 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 24-30 of chicken wings (I used the flats).
Sticky braised wings step by step
- Put all the ingredients except for the chicken wings in a mixing bowl and stir to combine. Add the wings and toss to coat. Cover and leave in the fridge to marinate for 1 hour..
- Add a splash of veg oil to a large nonstick pan on medium-high heat. Pat the wings dry, then fry them in batches for about 2 minutes per side. Return all the wings to the pan, then pour in the marinade. Turn the heat down to medium. Let simmer for 20 to 25 minutes until the wings are cooked and the sauce slightly thickened. Strain the sauce before serving..