Creamy Jalapeño Mac 'n Cheese. Hey guys how about a mac 'n' cheese with NO CHEESE?!! This easy, quick, comforting dish will be a favourite around every family table whether you're vegan. This tasty baked Mac and cheese recipe is bursting with bold jalapeño popper flavors!
Everyone who I have made it for, even those who don't really like mac n cheese (I. I LOVE creamy mac and cheeses. Sometimes, when I'm making a baked mac and cheese, I'll scoop out a little bowl for myself to snack on while the rest is baking in the oven. You can cook Creamy Jalapeño Mac 'n Cheese using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Jalapeño Mac 'n Cheese
- You need 3 cup of Pasta.
- You need 2 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 3 cup of Milk.
- You need 3 tbsp of cream cheese.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Grated cheese, i used cheedar, mozzarella and raclette cheese.
- It’s 1 tsp of mustard.
- You need 1 of Salt, Pepper, Nutmeg.
- It’s 1/4 cup of picked jalapeños, finely chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of bread crumbs.
Confession: I inevitably just end up eating ALL the mac and cheese straight from the pot, no baking required. Add the Cheddar and processed cheese and stir until smooth. Stir in the macaroni and jalapenos and season with salt. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with the panko and cilantro.
Creamy Jalapeño Mac 'n Cheese instructions
- Cook pasta about half of the time recommended on the box directions. Drain and put into greased baking pan..
- Melt butter in a sauce pan. Add flour and stir for about 1 Minute. Add milk and bring to a boil. Add cream cheese, grated cheese, mustard and Jalapeño pieces and stir untill cheese is melted. Season with salt,pepper and nutmeg to taste..
- Add sauce to pasta and mix untill well combined. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and some knobs of butter. And bake on 425°f/220°c for about 30 minutes or untill breadcrumbs are golden brown. Enjoy with a fresh salad!.
How to Make Creamy Jalapeno Popper Mac and Cheese – the Recipe Method. Remove with a slotted spoon and reserve, saving the bacon grease in the pan. Mac and cheese is the ultimate comfort food. This version contains all the components of a jalapeno popper- bacon, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and of course, lots of jalapenos. It's wonderfully salty and cheesy with a spicy kick.