Ground beef mummy bread.
You can cook Ground beef mummy bread using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ground beef mummy bread
- Prepare of Ground beef.
- Prepare of medium green bell pepper, cut into bite size stripes.
- You need of medium red bell pepper, cut into bite size strips.
- You need of small onion, cut into thin wedges.
- It’s of creamy italian dressing or other desired dressing.
- Prepare of french or italian bread, Halved lengthwise.
- It’s of cheese.
Ground beef mummy bread step by step
- Set oven control to broil. In a nonstick skillet, cook beef, bell peppers and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked. Drain, stir in 1/4 cup of the dressing..
- Spread remaining 1/4 cup dressing on cut sides of bread. Place both halves, cut sides up, on ungreased large cookie sheet. Broil with tops 4 to 6 inches from heat 2 to 4 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove bread from broiler. Spread beef mixture on cut halves of bread. Top with cheese.
- Return to broiler; broil 4 to 6 inches from heat 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut each half into 2 pieces..