Pizza flavoured kofta in creamy spinach gravy. Spinach cooked in white sauce, topped on a pizza base and cheese, gratinated and served hot. Just before serving, spread the koftas on a serving plate and pour the creamy gravy over the koftas and garnish with cream (optional). How to make Spinach and Paneer Kofta in Makhni Gravy.
Palak Kofta is one such rich Mughalai dish where koftas which are balls made with spinach, potatoes and paneer are deep-fried and cooked and served in a rich creamy sauce prepared with spinach, onions, tomatoes and cashewnut paste. Its a labor intensive dish but its worth the effort and makes a great main. Palak Kofta (spinach kofta curry) Fried Spinach Dumplings in a Creamy Tomato Sauce is a delicious vegetarian curry recipe. You can have Pizza flavoured kofta in creamy spinach gravy using 31 ingredients and 23 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pizza flavoured kofta in creamy spinach gravy
- Prepare of For koftas.
- You need 5 cups of vegetables chunks (cabbage, broccoli,carrot, beans,peas).
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped fenugreek leaves.
- It’s 2 of boiled potatoes medium size.
- It’s 1/4 cup of bread crumbs.
- You need 1/4 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of dried basil.
- You need 1/4 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of chopped garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of chopped ginger.
- You need 1 of medium size onion, chopped.
- You need 75 gram of mozzarella cheese,cut into small cubes.
- Prepare of For gravy.
- Prepare 1 cup of blanched baby spinach.
- It’s 1 tsp of fennel seeds.
- It’s 5-6 of cashew nuts.
- It’s 2 tbsp of milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of chopped ginger.
- It’s 1 of medium size onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp or as per taste of salt.
- You need 200 ml of cream.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley.
- You need 1/4 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of chilli flakes.
When you add these to a creamy tomato and coconut based gravy, then they make the Spinach Kofta Curry. Adding these delicious spinach Koftas in a creamy tomato gravy ranks. That is certainly true for today's recipe, spinach kofta in tomato gravy. Spinach Paneer Kofta's are extremely delicious easy to make dish at home, are pan fried and healthy too.
Pizza flavoured kofta in creamy spinach gravy instructions
- For koftas, put all the vegetables and fenugreek leaves in a food processor and blend it..
- Make a paste..
- Add boiled potatoes and again blend them..
- Take a cotton cloth, strain the vegetable paste and squeeze out the excess moisture, store for later use.
- Take out the paste on plate..
- Add bread crumbs, basil, thyme, oregano, salt and black pepper powder, mix it..
- Heat butter and oil in a pan, add chopped garlic ginger and onion, saute till translucent..
- Add vegetable paste and cook for 2 minutes, or till soft, this helps in binding..
- Cool and divide into equal portions..
- Take a portion, flatten it on the palm,then add a small piece of cheese in the centre..
- Cover the cheese with the mixture..
- Seal it properly, make a smooth ball, repeat process for all the balls, refrigerate for 25-30 minutes..
- For gravy, add blanched spinach, fennel, cashew nuts in a mixer jar..
- Add little milk and make a smooth paste..
- Heat butter and oil in a pan, add chopped garlic and ginger,saute for a minute..
- Add chopped onion and fry till they turn translucent..
- Add spinach puree and salt, mix it..
- Add excess moisture from vegetables, cook for 5-6 minutes..
- Now add cream in low flame, cook it for couple of minutes, mix continuously..
- Add parsley, oregano and chilli flakes,give a quick mix and put out the flame..
- Now take out the koftas from the refrigerator, deep fry it..
- In serving plate, pour some gravy and put the koftas on it..
- Kids will really enjoy with buttery rice..
Spinach Paneer Kofta Recipe is comforting and delicious. Pan fried spinach stuffed with panner balls are mixed in a creamy tomato gravy which is perfect with a Whole wheat naan or Jeera rice. Malai Kofta, vegetable kofta or nargisi kofta are different varieties of kofta made in Indian cuisine/Mughlai cuisine. I'm sharing with you my mom's very special Vegetarian Nargisi Do not boil koftas in the gravy as they are liable to break. Garnish & Serving suggestions: Garnish with chopped Almonds and cashews.