Mom's Mac and Cheese.
You can cook Mom's Mac and Cheese using 12 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mom's Mac and Cheese
- It’s of pasta (elbows, penne, or your favorite).
- You need of olive oil.
- You need of medium yellow onion.
- It’s of garlic cloves.
- It’s of flour.
- It’s of heavy cream.
- You need of shredded Monterrey jack/cheddar cheese.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of ham cubes.
- It’s of can peas.
- It’s of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s of bread crumbs.
Mom's Mac and Cheese instructions
- Boil water and add half the box of pasta. Cook according to package.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In another pan, add olive oil and let get hot over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, chop onion and mince garlic.
- Add onion first, stir often, until it gets translucent.
- Add garlic and cook until it becomes potent; about 1 minute..
- Stir in flour, one tablespoon at a time. Cook until darker yellow, about 1 minute.
- Pour in heavy cream, and let cook for about a minute.
- Add shredded cheese, and turn down to low. Allow cheese to melt..
- Salt and pepper cheese to your liking.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray, add pasta..
- Poor cheese over pasta, and mix well.
- Mix in about half of the package of cubed ham.
- Mix in entire can of peas..
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over top.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs over top until the top is covered..
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes then enjoy!.