Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms.
You can have Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms using 23 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- It’s of white button mushrooms, stems removed.
- It’s of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need of minced garlic.
- You need of dry white wine.
- Prepare of SAUCE FOR MUSHROOMS.
- You need of cream, light or heavy or half and half.
- It’s of mayonnaise.
- Prepare of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need of dry powdered mustard.
- You need of black pepper.
- It’s of hot sauce, such as franks brand.
- You need of shredded sharp white cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of shredded monterey jack cheese.
- It’s of shredded fontina cheese.
- Prepare of FOR FILLING AND TOPPING MUSHROOMS.
- Prepare of grated sharp white cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of garlic herb flavored cream cheese I used Boursin Brand.
- You need of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need of panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- Prepare of italian seasoning, optional.
- You need of GARNISH.
- You need of chopped chives.
Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms instructions
- Preheat broiler to high, have rack about 6 inches from heat source..
- Spray a baking dish large enough to hold mushrooms in one layer well with non stick spray..
- Mix topping ingredients. Combine grated cheddar cheese and herb garlic cream cheese in a bowl. In another bowl combine the 2 tablespoons parmesan with the panko crumbs and garlic powder powder, add italian seasoning if using.Set aside.
- In a skillet combine mushrooms, wine, broth and garlic, cover and simmer 5 minutes turning mushrooms to cook evenly. Uncover and cook until mushrooms are tender and liquid is almost gone about 5 minutes.Remove mushrooms to a plate..
- Add cream to skillet,add mayonnaise, worcestershire sauce, pepper,dry mustard, and hot sauce. Whisking well bring to a simmer until it reaches a light sauce consistancy, 2 to 4 minutes. Add shredded cheddar, monterey jack and fontina cheese, turn off heat stir until a creamy sauce..
- Pour sauce into prepared pan to cover bottom with thin layer of sauce.Fill each mushroom cap with grated cheddar, garlic herb cream cheese mix, place on hot sauce in baking dish. Sprinkle tops of mushrooms evenly with parmesan garlic panko crumbs..
- Broil intil cheese is melted and crumbs just golden, watch it cooks quick about 5 minutes depending on the heat of your broiler..
- Garnish with green onions, serve hot..