Creamy Wok Soup.
You can have Creamy Wok Soup using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Wok Soup
- Prepare of wok oil.
- Prepare of carrots.
- You need of shiitake mushrooms.
- Prepare of ginger root, peeled.
- Prepare of hokkaido squash, peeled and diced.
- It’s of peas, thawed.
- You need of water (approximately).
- You need of soy sauce.
- You need of sesame oil.
- It’s of (or to taste) sambal oelek (spicy chili sauce).
- You need of squeeze of lime juice.
- You need of curry.
- Prepare of rice noodles.
- Prepare of garnish (all optional).
- Prepare of scallion, finely chopped.
- You need of fresh chili, finely chopped.
- You need of coconut milk.
Creamy Wok Soup step by step
- Heat wok oil in a wok over high heat.
- Add finely chopped carrots, finely chopped ginger and rougly chopped mushrooms. Fry until nicely browned.
- Add squash and thawed peas to wok. Fry for about a minute or until softened.
- Add water and cover loosely with a lid. Simmer for about 20 minutes or until the squash softens and some of the water evaporates. Soup should be creamy.
- Add soya sauce, sesame oil, sambal oelek (it's very spicy so add a little at a time), lime juice and curry.
- Add the rice noodles to the boiling soup, take immediately off heat and cover tightly with a lid.
- Serve with chopped chili and scallion. Pour some coconut milk if desired.