Creamy Bottle Gourd Curry or Dudh Lau.
You can cook Creamy Bottle Gourd Curry or Dudh Lau using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Bottle Gourd Curry or Dudh Lau
- It’s of bottle gourd chopped finely.
- Prepare of coconut grated.
- You need of ginger paste.
- It’s of sesame seed paste.
- It’s of milk.
- It’s of mustard seed.
- Prepare of methi seed.
- It’s of green chillies slit.
- It’s of salt and sugar.
- It’s of mustard oil.
- You need of ghee.
Creamy Bottle Gourd Curry or Dudh Lau instructions
- Grate coconut and set aside.Grind sesame seed in 1/4 th cup milk for 5 minutes.Peel and chop bottlegourd finely.Heat oil and sprinkle 1 dry red chilli,mustard and methi seeds.When they crackle,add the chopped bottlegourd,salt and sugar to taste..
- Toss and cook on low flame till bottle gourd turns soft and releases water.Add ginger paste,grated coconut and sesame seed paste and cook till almost dry.Add 1/4 th cup milk and slit green chillies and toss till dry.Add 1 tsp ghee and toss..
- Garnish with grated coconut,fried dry red chilli and slit green chillies.Few fried lentil vadi or dumplings may be added while cooking,but optional.Serve as a side dish with rice in lunch..