Mole de Hoya.
You can have Mole de Hoya using 10 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mole de Hoya
- Prepare 2 pounds of Country Style Pork ribs.
- Prepare 3/4 bag of baby carrots.
- It’s 1 of medium onion.
- Prepare 6-8 of Roma tomatoes.
- It’s 2 of large garlic cloves.
- You need 1 can of pickled jalapeños (with carrots and onion).
- It’s of Dry Thyme.
- It’s of Dry Marjoram.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Oil or lard.
Mole de Hoya instructions
- Cover lightly the bottom and sides of your pot with oil or lard (set aside).
- Chop tomatoes and onion into circles (set aside).
- Chop garlic cloves into small pieces (set aside).
- Cut meat into 1 inch pieces.
- Ingredients are going to be layered into the pot….
- Place 1/3 of meat pieces at the bottom of greased pot and sprinkle salt, very little marjoram and thyme per layer.
- Cover meat with 1/3 of veggies (tomatoes, onion, garlic, and carrots).
- Add another layer of meat and season with salt, marjoram, and thyme.
- Keep adding layers of veggies and meat.
- Once your layers are complete, add 1/2 of your pickled jalapeños including liquid and carrots in can (or 3/4 if you like it more spicy).
- Add about 2-3 cups of water.
- Cover pot with aluminum and pot top to ensure no air comes in.
- Allow Mole de Hoya to boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to a simmer and cook for 2 hours.
- Check mole each half hour, add water if necessary (just depends how stewy you want it–remember if you add more water, add more salt as well).
- Best, and more authentic if you accompany with some warm corn tortillas and Mexican red/white rice!.