You can have Veggie Moussakas using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Veggie Moussakas
- Prepare 5 of Aubergines sliced.
- Prepare 3 of Red bell peppers of choice.
- It’s 4 of Large potatoes sliced.
- Prepare 4 of Zucchinis sliced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Parsley chopped.
- Prepare of Olive Oil.
- Prepare of Salt and Pepper.
- Prepare of Yogurt Bechamel Sauce:.
- You need 5 tablespoons of Cooking Butter.
- It’s 8 tablespoons of All purpose flour.
- It’s 4 cups of Milk.
- It’s 1 cup of Yogurt (greek style).
- You need 1 of Egg Yolk.
- It’s 1 cup of Bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 cup of Parmesan Cheese.
- It’s of Tomato Sauce:.
- Prepare 5 of fresh Tomatoes cubed.
- Prepare 5 tablespoons of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 2 of Garlic Cloves diced.
- You need 1 of Onion chopped.
- It’s 1 of large Carrot grated.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of Sugar.
- You need of Salt and Pepper.
Veggie Moussakas step by step
- Oil brush a large baking pan, and then toss in all the vegetables sprinkle Olive oil, salt and pepper, and bake at 180 degrees for 40 minutes. Once the vegetables are ready top with olive oil, parsley, cheese and set aside..
- In a small blender add in the garlic, onion, sugar, salt, pepper and tomatoes and blend..
- In a small sauce pot simmer for 1/2 hour at low heat and then add in the chopped parsley, a sugar stir and simmer for another 20 minutes. Once the sauce is ready start the layering process, vegetables, then add tomato sauce, then the second layer of vegetables and tomato sauce and continue until vegetables and sauce are finished..
- Start the Bechamel sauce by adding in the butter to melt, and then the flour Stir in slowly the milk, egg yolk. (I usually add in a handful of cheese) and stir until it starts to thicken..
- Once the sauce has thicken pour onto the vegetables..top off with the breadcrumbs and cheese by spreading the cheese first, and then the breadcrumbs. Bake at 180 degrees for 1 hour and until golden brown..
- It took me just under two hours to make this dish, due to the baking process. But it was worth it…I hope you enjoy, if you decide to make this dish let me know how it turned out. Kali Orexi!!!!.