Pomegranate and Walnut Chicken : Khoresh Bademjan.
You can cook Pomegranate and Walnut Chicken : Khoresh Bademjan using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pomegranate and Walnut Chicken : Khoresh Bademjan
- It’s of chicken breast without skin and bones, and bones.
- It’s of walnuts.
- Prepare of onions, chopped.
- You need of pomegranate paste.
- It’s of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of sugar.
- It’s of cinnamon.
- Prepare of salt.
Pomegranate and Walnut Chicken : Khoresh Bademjan instructions
- Use a food processor to finely grind the walnuts. Set aside..
- Dilute the pomegranate paste in 2 ½ cups of water or use 4 cups of pomegrante juice if available. Set aside..
- In a skillet, heat the vegetable oil and fry the onions in it until tender, then add in the chicken breasts and fry until the chicken starts changing colour on all sides..
- Remove the chicken and onions with a slotted spoon and set aside, leaving the oil in the skillet..
- Fry the ground walnuts in the same oil for a few minutes then add in the salt, diluted pomegranate paste, cinnamon and sugar. Stir while cooking until the sauce is creamy..
- Add in the onion and chicken and mix. Cover and simmer over very low heat for 20 minutes. Stir from time to time to prevent from sticking..
- When the sauce is thick, check the taste and add in sugar or pomegranate syrup to have a sweet and sour taste. Add water if needed..
- To serve, place the chicken pieces on a serving platter and pour the sauce over it..