Cheesy Fried Brussels Sprouts.
You can cook Cheesy Fried Brussels Sprouts using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Fried Brussels Sprouts
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs of fresh Brussels sprouts.
- You need 2 c of seasoned bread crumbs.
- You need 2 c of grated Parmesan cheese.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
Cheesy Fried Brussels Sprouts step by step
- Wash sprouts off, peel first couple leaves off outside, cut small piece off bottoms and then lightly cut an X into the bottom of each sprout..
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and blanch the sprouts until they are almost done..
- Then put them into an ice bath until they are cold(this will stop the cooking process and prevent them getting mushy), then drain them and set aside..
- When ready for dinner, combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and seasonings..
- Beat eggs in a small bowl with a little water..
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with some oil..
- Dunk drained sprouts in egg, let as much drain off as possible, then toss in the bread crumb/cheese mixture, pressing the crumbs lightly onto the sprouts..
- Pan cook the sprouts in the oil till golden brown and delicious and set on paper towels to drain a few minutes before serving..