You can cook Seafood Thermidor using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Seafood Thermidor
- Prepare 9 tbsp of unsalted butter, divided.
- Prepare 3/4 lb of lobster meat, diced.
- You need 3/4 lb of crab meat, shrimp and/or scallops.
- It’s 1/4 cup of brandy.
- It’s 1 tsp of each salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 package of sliced mushrooms.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice, divided.
- It’s 3 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of half and half.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sweet paprika.
- Prepare 3 dash of tabasco.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 of Cooked rice or pasta.
- Prepare 1 of Garlic bread or rolls.
Seafood Thermidor instructions
- Preheat the oven to 425°F..
- Sauté the seafood in 4 tablespoons of butter over medium heat about 3 minutes. Add the brandy, bring to a simmer, and heat for 1 minute. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and set aside..
- Sauté the mushrooms in 1 tablespoon of butter about 5 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice. Remove from heat and set aside..
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter. Stir in the flour to make a roux and cook, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes; do not let the mixture color. Gradually whisk in the broth. Cook, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the half-and-half and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes longer. Stir in the paprika, salt, tabasco sauce and 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice..
- Stir the seafood mixture and mushrooms into the white sauce. Spoon this mixture into 4 individual gratin dishes. Sprinkle each with one-fourth of the Parmesan. Place the dishes on a baking sheet and bake until bubbling and lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Serve at once..
- Serve over rice or pasta and with garlic bread or rolls..