Mike's EZ Sausage Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms.
You can cook Mike's EZ Sausage Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's EZ Sausage Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- It’s 4 of LG Portobello Mushrooms [reserve stems].
- Prepare 1 (6 oz) of Bag Pre-cooked Jimmy Dean Sausage Crumbles [use half or all].
- You need of as needed Chicken Broth.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Fine Chopped Onions.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Assorted Bell Peppers [fine chop].
- You need 1/4 Cup of Sliced Celery [fine chop].
- It’s 1 tbs of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Spinach [shredded].
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Chopped Parsley [+ reserves for garnish].
- Prepare 1 tbs of Minced Garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of Granulated Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Thyme & Salt & Pepper [to taste].
- You need 1 (8 4/5 oz) of Uncle Bens White Or Brown Rice Cups [heat for 1 minute – use 1 1/2 or all].
- You need 1/2 Cup of Seasoned Bread Crumbs [+ reserves for topping].
- Prepare 1 Cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese and Parmesan Cheese.
- It’s 2 packets of McCormick Pork Gravy.
Mike's EZ Sausage Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms step by step
- Gently wipe mushrooms to clean with a damp paper towel. Don't rinse them tho. They'll absorb every bit of fluid you put on them..
- Preheat oven to 400°..
- Pull stems and fine chop them..
- Gently clean out the fine black inner fibers with a spoon. Rub a small amount of olive oil oil on the tops of your mushrooms..
- Chop all of your vegetables and add to a pan with a few tablespoons oil. Add your seasonings, rice, sausage and mushrooms as well. Add chicken broth as needed. Cover and fry until vegetables are translucent..
- Transfer mixture to bowl and add all bread crumbs and cheeses, except for parmesan. Mix well while mixture is piping hot..
- Pack sausage rice mixture into all 4 mushrooms tightly..
- Add parmesan cheese to the tops and coat with bread crumbs. Spray tops with Pam to crisp up your crumbs..
- Make your pork gravy. Powdered or jarred. McCormick is a great powdered brand and a real timer saver. It usually requires 1 cup water per packet. But, I add only 3/4 cup for a thicker gravy on this specific dish. Whisk gravy constantly until bubbling and thickened..
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Or, until tops are crispy and golden brown..
- Lightly drizzle thick pork gravy over your crusty Portobello tops. Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve hot. Enjoy!.