Mike's Marinara Sauce & Garlic Parmesan Bread.
You can have Mike's Marinara Sauce & Garlic Parmesan Bread using 27 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's Marinara Sauce & Garlic Parmesan Bread
- It’s of Marinara Sauce.
- Prepare 1 can of 28 oz Chefs Cut Crushed Tomatoes [with juices].
- It’s 1/2 cup of Quality Dry White Wine.
- You need 1 of 7.5 oz Jar Quality Marinara Sauce [like bertolli or emeril].
- It’s 1 can of 8 oz Tomato Sauce.
- Prepare 3 oz of Tomato Paste.
- It’s 8 large of Cloves Fresh Garlic [smashed & chopped].
- Prepare 3 cup of Fresh Mushrooms [thick sliced – your choice].
- You need 1/2 cup of Fresh Celery [thin sliced].
- It’s 1 cup of Fresh Onions [chopped].
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Green Bell Peppers [small chop].
- You need 1/3 cup of Parmesan Cheese [+ reserves for garlic bread].
- It’s 2 of Bay Leaves [left whole].
- You need 1/3 tsp of Fennel Seed.
- You need 1 tsp of Each: Oregano – Basil – Italian Seasoning [all dried].
- You need 2 tbsp of Dried Parsley [+ reserves for bread].
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Black Pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sugar [or less to taste].
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 4 dash of Worshestershire Sauce.
- It’s 4 dash of Tabasco Sauce [or more to taste].
- You need of Garlic Bread.
- It’s of Fresh French Bread Rolls [halved].
- Prepare of Garlic Parmesan Bread Sticks.
- You need of Parmesan Cheese.
- You need of Dried Parsley.
- You need of Prefabed Garlic Butter [or make my recipe at base].
Mike's Marinara Sauce & Garlic Parmesan Bread step by step
- Authors Note: Traditionally, marinara sauces will direct you to cook your chopped vegetables in olive oil until translucent prior to adding them to your sauce. This recipe does not call for that step. It's meant to keep some snap, body and texture in your sauce..
- ● Chop your vegetables. ● Place everything in the Marinara Sauce section in a large pot and simmer on medium heat for about an hour and a half. Stir intermittently. ● Remove bay leaves after simmer..
- ● Generously smear your bread with garlic butter and sprinkle tops with Dried Parsley and Parmesan Cheese. ● Bake rolls at 350° for 8 minutes. ● Pile your Marinara Sauce on thick, sturdy pieces of garlic parmesan bread, or, dip toasted garlic strips directly into it..
- If you'd like to make this a main pasta dish as opposed to an antipasto – this is a great truffle noodle that pairs excellent with this mushroom based Marinara Sauce..
- If you'd like to make your own garlic butter – check out my easy, delicious posted recipe. Enjoy! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/364342-mikes-easy-garlic-butter-spread.