Breakfast Casserole Italian Way.
You can have Breakfast Casserole Italian Way using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Breakfast Casserole Italian Way
- It’s 1/2 loaf of Stale Thick bread.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Butter- unsalted.
- You need 1 of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 each of Small onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 clove of Garlic minced.
- It’s 1 lb of Italian sausage.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Fresh basil chopped.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 8 each of Large Eggs.
- It’s 2 cup of Whole milk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Fresh Thyme.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 cup of Cheddar Cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of Parmesan.
- Prepare of Panko Crumbs.
Breakfast Casserole Italian Way step by step
- Toast cubed bread lightly under broiler. Set bread aside. In skillet, three rounds olive oil and 2 Tbs butter. Add opinions and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes. Add sausage and season lightly. Add Basil when sausage is browned. Take off heat..
- In a separate bowl, whip eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Add fresh Thyme. Butter a large casserole dish. Put bread on the bottom. Next, top with sausage mixture. Add cheddar. Pour in egg mixture. Top with parmigiana then panko crumbs. Season lightly with salt and pepper..
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes until top had browned a bit. serve hot..