Julie's Sausage Scallopini.
You can have Julie's Sausage Scallopini using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Julie's Sausage Scallopini
- Prepare 1 lb of Sweet or hot Italian sausage.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 3 clove of Garlic, sliced thin.
- It’s 1 of each Green bell pepper and orange bell pepper, coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of Sweet onion, coarsely chopped.
- It’s 2 tsp of Dried oregano.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper.
- You need 24 oz of Passata.
- You need 6 oz of Red wine (whatever you're drinking).
- It’s 3 of Basil leaves, chopped.
- You need 1 lb of Pasta (any kind).
- You need 1 of Grated Romano, Parmesan or Locatelli cheese.
- It’s 1 loaf of Crusty Italian bread (optional, but highly recommended!).
Julie's Sausage Scallopini step by step
- Brown whole sausage in a frying pan on medium/high heat with garlic and olive oil, about five minutes each side..
- After sausage is browned, remove from pan, set aside and add peppers and onions to pan. Sauté until softened..
- While peppers and onions are sautéing, cut up the sausage into 1 inch rounds..
- After peppers and onions are softened, add the sausage back into the pan with the peppers and onions, along with salt, pepper, oregano, passata, basil and wine..
- Cover pan and let it simmer on medium/low heat for about a half hour..
- In the meantime, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Pour sausage mixture over pasta, top with grated cheese and serve with a loaf of Italian bread..
- Buon appetito! 🇮🇹.