Ash-E-Anar (Split Peas And Pomegranate Soup With Meatballs).
You can cook Ash-E-Anar (Split Peas And Pomegranate Soup With Meatballs) using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ash-E-Anar (Split Peas And Pomegranate Soup With Meatballs)
- It’s 250 g of chicken breast (minced).
- It’s 3 cups of yellow split peas.
- It’s 2 cups of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 cup of fresh parsley (chopped).
- You need 1 cup of fresh mint (chopped).
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic (minced).
- You need 1 of medium onion (halved and minced).
- It’s 6 tbsp of pomegranate molasses.
- You need 1 tbsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of fennel seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of chicken bouillon.
- Prepare 5 cups of water.
- Prepare 3 tbs of olive flaxseed oil.
Ash-E-Anar (Split Peas And Pomegranate Soup With Meatballs) instructions
- On a heated pan or pot, add a tablespoon oil, toss in half the onion and fry until translucent. Add garlic and fry for about 2 minutes..
- Add the split peas and stir for 2 minutes. Add the turmeric, fennel seeds, cayenne, chicken bouillon, chicken stock and water. Cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for 1 hour 10 minutes..
- Combine the chicken breast, mint, parsley, onion, salt, black pepper and stir until well incorporated. Shape into small round balls (about 12 small balls). Add 2 tbsp oil in a heated pan and toss in the meatballs until they’re browned on each sides (about 8 minutes)..
- Add the pomegranate molasses and meatballs to the cooking pot in step 2 (after the simmering time has been exhausted). Stir, cover and continue to simmer for additional 20 minutes..