Chicken in walnut pomegranate gravy(fesenjan).
You can have Chicken in walnut pomegranate gravy(fesenjan) using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken in walnut pomegranate gravy(fesenjan)
- You need 800 grams of boneless chicken breast cut to 2.5 cm cubes.
- You need 400 grams of raw walnuts, grinded.
- It’s 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- You need Half of teaspoon turmeric powder.
- You need Pinch of saffron.
- You need of Black pepper, optional.
- It’s 6-8 tablespoons of pomegranate paste(depends how tick it is).
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Cooking oil.
Chicken in walnut pomegranate gravy(fesenjan) step by step
- Heat some oil in the pot. Saute onions until they change the colour. Add turmeric and chicken and salt and pepper. Saute until chicken no more pink..
- Add grinded walnuts and saute for couple of minutes. Now add enough ice water. Cover the pot and let the chicken half cooked slowly with medium low flame..
- Now add pomegranate paste and continue for another 2 hours or until stew is rich and dark in colour and oil from walnuts come out..
- Serve Fesenjan with steamed white rice..