Chocolate Thread Cake with Vanilla Icing.
You can have Chocolate Thread Cake with Vanilla Icing using 15 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Thread Cake with Vanilla Icing
- Prepare For of eggless chocolate cake.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour or organic maida or wheat flour (180 grams).
- You need 1/4 cup of cocoa powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Baking soda (check expiry date).
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar (organic, or 1.5 cups grated jaggery).
- You need 1 cup of Water (use milk to make rich cake).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of oil or 80 ml (coconut or canola or light olive oil or melted butter).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Lemon juice.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Vanilla extract.
- It’s For of Vanilla buttercream frosting.
- You need 1/4 cup of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar (or icing sugar).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2-2 1/2 tablespoons of milk (or whipping cream).
Chocolate Thread Cake with Vanilla Icing step by step
- Preparation for eggless chocolate cake recipePreheat the oven to 170 C or 340 F for at least 15 mins..
- Grease a 8 or 9 inch round cake pan & drizzle some flour on it. or Line with a parchment paper. Set aside..
- Mix 1 ½ cups flour, ¼ cup cocoa powder, ½ tsp salt and 1 tsp baking soda. Sieve the flour mix at least twice to aerate the flour. This makes the cake light..
- If using wheat flour then sieve four times.Add 1 cup sugar and mix it well. I use fine sugar..
- If you are using coarse one then you can also dissolve it in 1 cup water.
- Make a well (space) in the center. Pour 1 cup water, 1/3 cup oil or melted butter, 1 tbsp vanilla extract and 1 tbsp lemon juice or vinegar..
- Gently begin to mix well from the liquid ingredients in the center. Mix just until the flour is combined well with the wet ingredients. Do not over mix..
- The batter will be runny. Pour it to the cake pan.Knock it a few times against the kitchen counter to release air bubbles..
- Bake for 25 to 28 mins. Check after 23 mins. To check if it is completely baked, insert a skewer in the center of the cake and check. It must come out clean. Keep the cake pan on a wire rack and allow it to cool down for 8 to 10 mins in the pan..
- Invert eggless chocolate cake gently on a wire rack. Allow it to cool completely. You can frost the cake if you like or just sprinkle some powdered sugar.This eggless chocolate cake tastes best the next day..
- Ensure the butter is soft yet cold. When you press down the block of butter, it must dent easily yet hold shape without melting..
- Add butter to a large bowl and beat it until soft and fluffy. You can use a hand mixer or just a whisk. Place a sieve over the butter bowl. Add powdered sugar to the sieve. Sieve it well..
- Pour vanilla and 2 tbsps milk or cream. Mix them up lightly. Then whisk or beat until everything turns smooth fluffy and light. It must be of spreadable consistency..
- If it is too thick, then add another half to 1 tbsp milk or cream. Beat well until it reaches a good consistency.Do not over beat else the butter begins to melt. If needed you can keep it in the fridge for a while..
- Spread a tbsp of frosting on your cake stand. Place 4 – 2 by 8 inch parchment paper strips across the four sides of the cake stand..
- Place the cake over these papers with the frosting beneath the cake. Scoop off a good amount of frosting to the cake. Begin to spread from the center and then towards the sides..
- Place the cake in the fridge for about 40 mins. Then smoothen the cake with a spatula. Remove the parchment papers gently.Eggless chocolate cake is ready. Slice & serve..
- Now take thread deep in food colour and give design what ever u want to give.Spread some balls (optional)..
- Now your chocolate cake with vanilla icing thread cake is ready..