Steamed Red Velvet Cake.
You can cook Steamed Red Velvet Cake using 10 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Steamed Red Velvet Cake
- You need 1 cup of flour.
- It’s 3 of medium eggs.
- You need 3 teaspoons of olive oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of fresh milk.
- It’s 2 tbspn of lemon juice.
- It’s 3 tbspn of red food colouring (add till you achieve a maroon colour.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 cup of white sugar.
Steamed Red Velvet Cake step by step
- In a bowl mix flour, eggs, olive oil, cocoa powder, baking powder, fresh milk, lemon juice, red food colouring, baking soda and white sugar. Pour batter in a greased cake tin. Place the cake tin in a pot with boiling hot water.. water must be below the cake tin. Close off and allow the steam to cook the cake. Remove from the stove after 30 – 45 minutes…