Christmas Cake (no added sugar).
You can have Christmas Cake (no added sugar) using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Christmas Cake (no added sugar)
- It’s 175 g of dried apricots, diced.
- You need 6 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 150 mls of olive oil.
- Prepare 5 of large eggs.
- Prepare 175 g of plain wholewheat flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of mixed spice.
- You need 1 of lemon, zest & juice.
- Prepare 1 of orange, zest & juice.
- It’s 175 g of raisins.
- It’s 125 g of dried mixed fruit.
- It’s 225 g of currants.
- You need 175 g of sultanas.
- Prepare 100 g of dried cherries.
- It’s 40 g of flaked almonds.
Christmas Cake (no added sugar) instructions
- Add the diced apricots and the water to a pan and simmer gently until the apricots have absorbed the water and nice and soft..
- Allow the apricots to cool then blend in a food processor until finely minced (or mince with a sharp knife if you don’t have a food processor)..
- Put the rest of the dried fruit into a large mixing bowl. Add the zest and juice of the lemon and orange, stir really well and let the fruit soak up the juices..
- In the largest mixing bowl you have, whisk together the oil and minced apricot puree until it is as well combined as you can get it. Whisk in the eggs until all of the ingredients are combined..
- Sift in the flour and spice, mix gently to combine all of the dry ingredients into the wet egg mixture..
- Stir in the rest of your ingredients..
- Pour into an 8 inch cake tin lined with parchment paper. Tie a strip of parchment paper around the outside of your tin with string..
- Bake at 150°C for 3 hours, or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean..