Low Fat Carrot Cake.
You can cook Low Fat Carrot Cake using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Low Fat Carrot Cake
- It’s 2 of large eggs, beaten.
- You need 60 g of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 50 ml of vegetable or olive oil.
- Prepare 130 g of plain flour.
- It’s 10 g of baking powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 3 of large carrots, grated.
- It’s 100 g of sultana or raisins.
- It’s 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- It’s of [For cream cheese decoration].
- It’s 200 g of mascarpone cheese.
- You need 20 g of unsalted butter.
- You need 30 g of icing sugar.
Low Fat Carrot Cake step by step
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and allspice into the bowl, then fold into the mixture.
- Add the carrots, sultanas (or raisins), lemon juice and pinch of salt, and mix well together..
- Spoon the mixture into a baking tin (I use 18cm circle non-stick) and bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the center comes out dry. Leave in the tin for 5 minutes, then turn out to cool completely..
- For the decoration, put all the ingredients into a bowl and beat well until smooth. Spread evenly across the top of the cake (make sure that the cake is cool enough otherwise the cream will melt and slide down), then put in the fridge for at least 5 hours..