Helba(Eggless Fenugreek seeds cake).
You can cook Helba(Eggless Fenugreek seeds cake) using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Helba(Eggless Fenugreek seeds cake)
- It’s 100 gms of roasted semolina.
- It’s 2 tbspn of fenugreek seeds soaked 4 hours minimum.
- You need 2 tbspn of sugar granulated.
- You need 1 tbspn of melted butter.
- Prepare 1/2 of tspn salt to taste.
- It’s 1 tbspn of orange zest/rose water.
- It’s 1 tbspn of lemon juice.
- You need 150 ml of water.
- You need 1 tbspn of dry yeast.
- It’s 120 gms of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tbspn of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbspn of soaked almonds, raisins chopped.
Helba(Eggless Fenugreek seeds cake) instructions
- In a pan/wok, pour 50 ml of water, sugar, orange zest/rose water and lemon juice and bring it to boil till the sugar dissolves.
- Once done keep the syrup aside to cool off.
- In a wok, take the remaining water and add the fenugreek seeds and bring it to boil.
- Lower the heat and cook covered till the seeds are softened and take off heat.
- Strain the seeds and reserve the water too.
- Next in a mixing bowl, add the semolina, yeast, salt, fenugreek seeds and flour. Mix well.
- Add oil and the water reserved after straining the fenugreek seeds to it.
- Blend well and knead a soft dough and tuck the same and keep covered for an hour to raise.
- After an hour, knead the dough again gently and spread it on a baking tray which is greased with butter.
- Spread the dough well and garnish with chopped nuts and raisins(optional).
- Make cut marks on the dough to the desired shapes of the cake.
- Bake for 20 mins at 180 degree till done.
- Pour the syrup prepared on the hot cake and let it cool off.
- Cut pieces along the cut marks and store in air tight box.