Ispanakli Kek (Turkish Spinach Cake).
You can cook Ispanakli Kek (Turkish Spinach Cake) using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ispanakli Kek (Turkish Spinach Cake)
- Prepare 160 gm of Spinach leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 of Banana.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of Olive oil (light or extra light olive oil preferably).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- It’s 1 of egg (or 1 tbsp flaxseed meal + 3 tbsp Water).
- It’s 1 cup of All Purpose Flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of Topping sweetened whipped Cream 1 cup.
Ispanakli Kek (Turkish Spinach Cake) step by step
- In a bowl sift flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside..
- Mix flaxseed meal and water. Keep aside..
- Remove thick stems from spinach leaves. Puree spinach leaves in fine paste..
- In same mixer jar add 1/2 banana, vanilla extract, lemon juice, sugar, oil and egg (or flax egg) and pulse few times..
- Pour the spinach mixture over the flour mixture and gently fold in, until just combined. Pour the batter into greased 8*2" baking pan..
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 C for 25-30 minutes..
- When cooled completely top with whipped cream..