Melomakarona by Evdokia.
You can have Melomakarona by Evdokia using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Melomakarona by Evdokia
- Prepare 1 of st mixture.
- It’s 1200 g of cake flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cloves.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of orange zest.
- It’s 2 of nd mixture.
- You need 500 g of olive oil.
- Prepare 250 g of sugar.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of orange juice.
- You need 1/2 cup of brandy or sour cherry liqueur, homemade.
- Prepare of Syrup.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 cups of honey.
- Prepare of lemon peel.
- You need stick of cinnamon.
- It’s of ground walnut for sprinkling.
Melomakarona by Evdokia step by step
- Mix all the ingredients of the first mixture..
- Using another bowl, beat the olive oil for at least 10 minutes and add the rest of the ingredients without interrupting the beating..
- After the second mixture is thoroughly incorporated, add the first mixture to it and knead by hand..
- The dough is successful if it unsticks from your hands..
- Preheat the oven to 200°C..
- For each melomalarono use 50 g of dough, form a ball and then press it to make an elliptical shape..
- Place the melomakarona on an oiled baking sheet (24 in each sheet) and poke them lengthwise with a fork..
- Place the baking sheet on the second oven rack from the top and bake for 20 minutes. Take care to follow the baking time because the melomakarona can burn easily!.
- When you are finished with baking (don't place two baking sheets in the oven at the same time) prepare the syrup using a deep pot.
- Place all the ingredients in the pot and let them boil for three minutes (beginning the count from the moment it starts boiling) without removing the foam..
- Remove the pot from heat and dip the melomakarona in the syrup for 1/2 a minute..
- Arrange them in a deep platter and sprinkle them with ground walnut..