Sig's So simple Potato and Onion Soup.
You can cook Sig's So simple Potato and Onion Soup using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sig's So simple Potato and Onion Soup
- It’s 450-500 grams of potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of olive oil for boiling with potatoes.
- It’s 300 grams of red onions, chopped roughly.
- You need 1/4 tbsp of olive oil for cooking onions.
- Prepare 1/2 liter of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 1 pinch of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 pinch of each marjoram, cumin seed, tarragon, black pepper, basil, garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2-2 tablespoon of smoked paprika.
- It’s 100 grams of tomato paste (puree).
Sig's So simple Potato and Onion Soup step by step
- I use salad potaotoes for this soup as the keep their shape better. First peel the potatoes, wash and boil in a little salted water, add the olive oil for the potatoes, the water will be used as stock. When the potatoes are nearly cooked cut them into quarters and return to the water they where boiler in..
- In the meantime peel and rough chop the onions. Add a little oil for the onions to a pan and cook the onions until they just take on colour, do not over fry them.
- Once the onions have taken on a little colour and glaze add them to the potatoes and boiling water. Gently stir them in..
- Add the rest of the ingredients and leave the soup to simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Adjust your seasonings. Add more water if needed( the total amount of the potato boiling water and stockwater should be roughly about 1 litrer of liquid. The soup should have a fairly hot flavour.
- This soup will slightly thicken during the cooking process, because of the onions, this is normal..