Restaurant style Mexican rice.
You can cook Restaurant style Mexican rice using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Restaurant style Mexican rice
- It’s 1 can of whole, peeled tomatoes.
- You need 1 of med white onion (peeled & chopped).
- Prepare 2 c of low sodium chicken broth.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of kosher salt or sea salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- It’s of About 1/3 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 c of favorite uncooked rice (I use med grain).
- You need 1 of med jalepeno, chopped.
- You need 4-5 of garlic clives, minced finely.
- You need of Fresh cilantro (optional).
- You need 1 of lime.
Restaurant style Mexican rice instructions
- Place canned tomatoes (do not drain) & onion in a blender, mix until smooth. It should make about 2 cups, if more measure 2c of liquid and place in a medium sized sauce pan. Add chicken broth, salt & cumin. Let come to a boil over medium heat..
- Heat oil over medium heat in a Dutch oven or rice pot. Add rice & saute about 5 min, stirring frequently. Add jalapeños and cook 2 min. Add garlic & cook 30 seconds, you may have to lower heat. Pour boiling tomato mixture over rice, mix. Cover and cook until mixture is absorbed into the rice, about 17-20 min. Fluff rice with a fork. Turn off heat & cover again, let sit 10 min. Optional: garnish with fresh cilantro. Squeeze lime juice over & serve!.