You can cook Chicken Pakora using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Pakora
- You need of boneless chicken cut into cubes.
- It’s of ginger garlic paste.
- It’s of coriander powder.
- You need of red chilli flakes.
- You need of red chilli powder.
- It’s of turmeric.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of For the chickpea batter.
- You need of gram flour also known as chickpea flour or besan.
- Prepare of red chilli powder.
- Prepare of coriander powder.
- You need of crushed coriander seeds.
- Prepare of pomegranate seeds or anaardaana (optional – can be skipped.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
- It’s of Chaat masala for garnish.
Chicken Pakora step by step
- For the chicken.
- Place boneless chicken in a bowl. Add all the ingredients mentioned in the chicken part of the ingredients. Mix through and keep in the fridge for at least 30 minutes..
- For the gram flour / chickpea flour / besan batter.
- Place gram flour (besan) in a bowl. Add salt, coriander powder, red chilli powder, crushed coriander seeds, pomegranate seeds (if using) and salt. Stir the mixture dry with a whisk or fork. Add water a few tablespoons at a time while whisking till a smooth batter is created. It should be thick enough to coat the chicken, but not super thick. If adjustment is required, add more gram flour (besan) or water accordingly..
- Dip the boneless chicken pieces in the chickpea batter, shaking off the excess batter and then add in the hot oil. Add the rest of the pieces and fry till golden brown on both sides. Make sure the chicken is cooked through from inside – you can cut open a pakora to double check..
- Garnish with chaat masala. Serve with green chutney or tomato sauce..