You can cook Chicken Taquitos using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Taquitos
- You need 6-8 of large (taco sized) flour tortillas.
- It’s 1-2 lbs of chicken breast.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mexican blend (or cheddar) shredded cheese.
- Prepare 1 package of Knorr brand taco rice.
- Prepare 1 package (32 g) of fajita seasoning mix.
- You need 2 tsp of taco seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sea salt.
Chicken Taquitos instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Begin cooking rice according to package instructions.
- While the rice is boiling: Cut chicken in to small strips and add to a pan over medium heat.
- Once browned enough to shred, add fajita seasoning and use forks to shred the chicken.
- If the rice is still watery, add 2-3 mins to cook time and allow an additional 2 mins to rest and absorb the remaining water..
- Add taco seasoning and sea salt to the chicken for additional flavor if needed..
- Add 2 spoonfuls of rice to each tortilla, followed by meat, then sprinkle with mexican blend (or cheddar) shredded cheese.
- Roll tortillas to close. Do not fold like burritos.
- Place each one with the overlapping side face down in a glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for 15 mins.
- Remove and allow 3-5 mins to cool.