You can cook Stuffed Onion using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Onion
- It’s 3-4 pcs of big white onion.
- You need of Stuffing: Meat mixture.
- You need 1/4 kg of ground meat.
- It’s 1 cup of Egyptian rice, washed.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of paprika powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of pomegranate sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black lemon powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baharat.
- It’s 1/4 cup of parsley, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of onion, minced.
- Prepare of Salt and black pepper.
- Prepare of Mix;.
- It’s 2 cups of beef/chicken broth.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- You need 1/4 cup of pomegranate syrup.
Stuffed Onion step by step
- Peel the onions, trim the ends then make a cut down on one side, cutting into the center from top to bottom..
- Cook in boiling water for 15 minutes. Remove from boiling water and allow to cool. After that separate from layer..
- In a bowl, put all the meat mixture then mix it well..
- Place 1-2 tsp of meat mixture in each layer of the onions and wrap it..
- In a pan, put broth, water, and pomegranate syrup. Put 1 of cinnamon stick and 1 dry bay leaves. Then arrange the stuffed onions in the pan..
- Bring to boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan and simmer for about 1 hour..
- Put in plate, put some garnish up, (optional) then Serve..