Creamy cheese tortellini.
You can have Creamy cheese tortellini using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy cheese tortellini
- Prepare of frozen cheese tortellini.
- You need of bag fresh baby spinach.
- It’s of italian style stewed or diced tomato, drained.
- You need of vegetable broth.
- Prepare of block cream cheese, cubed.
- It’s of shredded or shaved parmesan.
- Prepare of garlice, minced.
- It’s of flour.
- It’s of salt, pepper to taste.
- You need of butter.
- It’s of bunch of fresh basil, about 8 leaves, sliced in strips.
Creamy cheese tortellini instructions
- melt butter in a large stock pot, add garlic and let simmer about 3 minutes on low heat to allow the garlic to infuse thr butter.
- increase heat, add flour and stir a few minutes until flour is cooked and a paste is formed..
- wisk in broth and bring to a boil, reduce heat and wisk until thickened.
- stir in drained tomatoes, spinach, cream cheese, basil and simmer until cheese is melted.
- stir in parmesan, reserving some for garnish..
- season with salt and pepper to taste.
- while sauce simmers, cook tortellini as package directs, drain.
- spoon desired amount of sauce onto pasta, toss, and garnish with remainder parmesan.